Would you like to know about the many benefits of kefir? Yes? Well, you are at the right place as this article offers you invaluable information about the importance of kefir to your mental and physical well-being. Knowing about the properties of kefir will also help you to appreciate the benefits of kefir to you and your family. After getting this knowledge, you will realize that kefir should be included in your daily diet. Here’s a little background on kefir
A little about kefir
- It has a wealth of vitamins (B-12 & K), minerals, biotin and easily digested proteins or amino acids.
- Good bacteria and yeast are present in kefirs which help to protect the intestinal tract by populating the entire area leaving little or no room for harmful bacteria to live and grow.
- Persons who are lactose intolerant can drink kefir as most of the lactose in kefir is removed after the fermenting process.
- Kefir has properties (antifungal and antibiotic) that are able to treat both familiar and rare diseases.
- It contains a large amount of the amino acids that provide relaxation and sleep.
- Kefir is a result of the fermentation of kefir grains that has bacteria, yeast, milk protein and complex sugars.
The many benefits of kefir
- Helps cancer, AIDS and herpes patients and those who experiencing chronic fatigue syndrome.
- Good for persons who suffer from depression, anxiety and sleep disorders such as insomnia. Kefir will calm the nerves allowing you to sleep well. It will also bring balance to moods reducing the feelings of depression.
- The bacteria and yeast in Kefir act a cleanser and strengthen the walls of the intestinal tract against harmful bacteria such as pathogens.
- Helps to reduce craving for food as it allows the body to feel more balanced and nourished.
- Fortifies the immune strengthen and boosts energy and strength. This is especially important for students and persons who are constantly on the go.
- Provides nourishment to hair, strengthens bones against illnesses such as osteoporosis.
- It contributes to healthy skin and prevents wrinkles, acne and psoriasis.
- Enhances the capacity of the brain resulting in greater focus, memory retention and reflexes.
- Stress reliever as it detoxifies and refreshes the body. This is one of the benefits of kefir that busy individuals will enjoy.
- Improves digestion and helps with constipation as it brings normality to bowel movements.
- The probiotics in kefir increases the body’s metabolic rate so that it burns more fats and calories resulting in faster weight loss.
- Vital for a healthy heart as it hinders clotting in the blood vessel and regulates the blood pressure.
- Daily dose of kefir will prevent respiratory diseases such as asthma, bronchitis and tuberculosis.
Undoubtedly, the benefits of kefir are far reaching and can keep both the body and mind in tip top shape. Kefir is important to the respiratory, circulatory, excretory and nervous systems in the body. It works to prevent the onslaught of diseases and to provide balance and normality where any imbalance exists. The benefits of kefir are important to the health of you and your family. So why not try kefir today?